Monday, July 6, 2009

Summary

I really enjoyed this class and learned so many new things! I would definitely take another class with more Things! Some of my favorites were the Voicethread, Library Thing, Animoto, and of course, the Avatars! Because I work in the Information Technology department, I don't think this class has changed my lifelong learning - I have always been a lifelong learner and we learn new things there everyday. And due to that it also didn't really give me any huge surprises, but it has definitely increased my storehouse of information. I also really liked the format of the class - especially being able to take the class at my own pace. I enjoyed having a little information about each thing, doing some discovery and then some actual hands on. I learn by doing, so it really increased my retention by being required to actually use those skills.

There are several of these Things that I hope to take to my campuses and begin showing teachers how to use them to collaborate with teachers and students. Last year I started showing teachers how to create a blog using the MISD blog site but many teachers did not seem to know what to do with them once they are created. I think the more resources I can show them and the more skills they can teach their students, the more they will enjoy using their blogs.

The 2 ways I will keep up with new developments in Web 2.0 are through my RSS Readers (finding new information) and through my Del.icio.us account (to store the information I've found). And the best way for me to retain the information is to teach others and to keep them informed through my blog.

Thanks for a really awesome class and some great new skills! Librarians ROCK!

1 comment: